When should I bring in what I have?
We typically sell what you are currently wearing. This guarantees your items will likely sell the fastest and for more money. Bringing items at the start of the season usually yields the best results. Below is our schedule of when we accept items for each season.
We accept merchandise as follows:
What type of items do you consign?
We are looking for:
- New or like-new seasonal clothing in current styles (typically no older than 3 years, unless designer classic pieces)
- Designer handbags
- Shoes (current season only please)
- Designer & costume jewelry
- Everything from activewear to formal attire
When can I bring my items?
Consignments are taken by appointment Tuesday-Friday
How do I bring my items?
Clothing should be freshly laundered or dry-cleaned, pressed and on hangers. This helps speed up our review process. We can provide hangers for you to pick up before your appointment time. Please wipe down all shoes and bring in without cardboard boxes. Please remove all items from all compartments of handbags. Jewelry may be placed in separate bags, as to not get tangled. Any bags/tubs used to hold items can be returned at the time of drop off. We require a minimum of 25 items to open an account. After your account has been established, there is no minimum requirement. It usually only takes us a couple of minutes to go through your items, and any "no thank yous" will be returned at that time.
Do you have any tips on how to make the most money?
Please review your items carefully prior to your scheduled consignment appointment for the following:
- Stains. Please look at the underarm area for stains, and, or deodorant marks. For collared shirts and jackets, please check the inside of the collar for any discoloration. On long sleeved items, check the cuffs for stains. On long pants/jeans, please check hems. Formals and long dresses often have staining at the bottom.
- Buttons. Please check for missing buttons.
- Odor. Items with strong odors such as cigarette smoke, perfume, and/or moth balls will not be accepted. If your items do have a strong odor, please have them laundered prior to your visit.
- Pet hair. Please make sure all items are rolled and free of any pet hair.
- Sequins/appliques. Please check for missing/loose sequins or appliques.
- Rips/tears. Please check for any rips or tears especially for the zipper area in dresses and skirts.
- Current fashions. Please note that we only accept items that are current. A good rule of thumb is making sure the item was purchased within the last 3-4 years. If your items still have retail tags attached, please leave them on.
- Vintage clothing. We do accept high-end brands of vintage clothing, handbags, and jewelry in good condition. Some Vintage brands our customers love are Chanel, St. John, Gucci, and Louis Vuitton.
- Shoes. Please be sure to clean everywhere within the footwear including the bottoms and soles of the shoe. The cleaner or newer looking the item, the higher the returns.
What brands do you accept?
We take a wide variety of brands, but prefer better label and designer items. Some of the brands we are currently looking for include:
Chico’s, Free People, Lululemon, J.Crew, White House/Black Market, Anthropologie, Lucky, Fossil, Coach, Michael Kors, Kate Spade, Louis Vuitton, Chanel, Gucci, Madewell, 7 for all mankind, Eileen Fisher, Ellen Tracy, Cole Haan, Donald J. Pliner, Joe’s Jeans, Alice + Olivia, Calvin Klein, Brooks Brothers, Joie, Lilly Pulitzer, Vineyard Vines, Tory Burch, UGG, Trina Turk, Nanette Lepore, DVF, Vince Camuto, Birkenstock, Boden, Rag & Bone, Ralph Lauren, Stuart Weitzman, Talbots, Theory, Citizens for Humanity, Elizabeth & James, Athleta, Marc Jacobs, Paige denim, J.Jill, Steve Madden, Dooney & Bourke, Frye, Patricia Nash, Soft Surroundings, St. John, Splendid, Patagonia, The North Face, Tommy Hilfiger, Michael Stars, etc.
How do you determine pricing?
We use the industry standard for pricing (approximately 1/3 of the retail price) and our years of market experience. Pricing depends on style, condition, current inventory, etc. Our goal is to get the highest price for you, the consignor, while providing the highest standards of quality clothing and brands for our customers. The better your items look, the more money you will make. We truly appreciate you entrusting Designer Resale Boutique to sell your items!
Will the items I consign be subject to price reduction?
Yes, we sometimes do a price reduction near the end of your consignment period--in every effort to sell your items. And, from time to time, we use sales and coupons to drive traffic in for your items.
How do I know what items have sold and what my earnings are?
Once you have an account started, you can check your earnings online at any time. If you would like an itemized list, you can request one to be emailed or mailed with your check. Checks are mailed automatically every 30 days, unless you prefer to use store credit. Store credit can be used as soon as your items start selling.
What happens if my items do not sell?
Most items are marked down to $2 after 60 days, and all proceeds go to local charities. Donation slips are available upon request. Select items will be moved to our LSL store after 60 days, as inventory is needed. Consignors will still receive 40% of the selling price if sold at our LSL store. Items that are priced over $50 may be picked up within the 60 day period. It is the consignors responsibility to pick items up during that time period.
Still have questions? Give us a call at (636) 279-3968 or send us an email at email@example.com